Thursday, June 20, 2013

Project Review Monsters vs. Aliens. 3D Logo Designs 2008 Part IV.-MVA Buttons

Fur and Scales were the representation of the two genres for this MVA 3D Logo from the pitch we did for Monsters vs' Aliens back in 2008.

A double plate with colorful textures with this sharper designed MVA Logo.

A MVA button design with glass metal and bright lighting FX.



A darker version with all opaque materials for this ALT of the above design.

A brushed metal look on the front of a colorful background "M". WE put the 'vs' inside a glass ball in the "A".


An all metal look here for the MVA button from above.


Project Review
Monsters vs. Aliens.
3D Logo Designs 2008 Part IV.
MVA Buttons

Clients Dreamworks via The Cimarron Group.  
Art Directors(s): Chris A. Hawkins.,Calvin Sumler, and Joseph Stamper.  
Project Date: Fall 2007.

This is PART IV covering my 3D Design work I did for the Theatrical Advertising done on Dreamworks 3D animated feature, Monsters vs. Aliens from back in the Late Fall of 2008, and Winter of 2009 while I was the in-house 3D Design Director at The Cimarron Group, and today I have button designs from the 3D Logo portion.

We referred to the film as MVA[ short for Monsters versus Aliens], and the client asked for some buttons and 3D Logos with just the initials, and not the full title as well as what we already delivered, so I was provided with vector Illustrator files from the Print Division and some base direction and off I went.

I played around with the various looks for the buttons similar to what I have posted for the main titles from the glossy typically bright toon styled ones, to a more sinister and darker look as well.

You can view my prior posts for the film as follows:

You can view the MGFX city I built in just over a day for the trailers in PART I here,
You can view the full 3D logos here for PART II.
You can view Part III with more 3D Logos here.

You can also see the final 3D Animation of the Title at the front of my MGFX reel work in the right column link.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment