Monday, October 15, 2012

Project Review: Universal Pictures Style Frames for Logo Redesign 2010

 A Single-Point-Beveled type treatment to the existing Copperplate font from the client.


A much brighter version alt on the above scene with more city lights added to the world texture map.


A very thin San serif font with a softer single point bevel done for this version. The earth was fingernail lit to have just the crescent shape on the right top portion of the world.


 I took the above comp and bent the font back to wrap around the globe a bit more and I brought the camera up closer to center on this style frame I did back in 2010.


 Here is the last image I did showing a lot more of everything as this was the "Bright Comp", since most were more on the dark side.

Project Review
Universal Pictures
 Style Frames for the Main Logo Redesign 2010

Client: Universal Pictures via Concept Arts.
Art Director: n/a.
Project Date: August 2010.

After I left  The Cimarron Group back in 2009, I had this small half day gig with Concept Arts, a Advertising Agency out in Hollywood, and the job I was tasked with was to do a few style frames for the redesign they were hard at work revising there in-house for Unversal Pictures.

They were really just doing what we call in Car Design a "Face-Lift" since the world with the type wrappped around it was the basic look we could not deviate from.

I had plenty to work with as I could play with a actual font choice, and the way the world was lit, lighting and the depth of space, and all the various details and design pieces were added to a presentation they already had.

It was a fun fast little job, just a half day.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment