Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Project Review Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow PART VIII-Arachnid Robot

 
 A 3/4 view of the Arachnid Robot I built out from World of Tomorrow from back in 03'.


 A Low Angle on the Arachnid Robot from the advertising I helped with on Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.


 A Birds Eye view down on the spider robot I built back in 2003.


 Here is the polygon model I built out for this fun little crawler.


 This is a underside view that really shows the 'spider' design nicely for Sky Captain.


Project Review
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
PART VIII-Arachnid Robot

Client: Paramount Pictures via BLT and Associates.
Art Director(s): Rick Lynch, Dustin Stanton, Jeff Barnett, Alon Amir, Zack Ris. 
Project Date: Summer 2002

This is my eighth posting on Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow, and today I have posted the Arachnid Robot from the film that I made a 3D copy for the print advertising campaign.

About half my work is reverse engineering a prop from a feature film that is not finished, or we simply do not have access to enough photography, and so I end up building it for the posters, and for WOT[ World of Tomorrow], I did half a dozen various robots from the film for the large Art Direction team for over at BLT.

This one was just over a half day to complete[ about 5 Hrs] and I was able to deliver a few renders for the final presentation of comps to Paramount.

Look for more robots from the film in the weeks to come.

Cheers, THOM

You can see the other posts quickly below in these links:
PART I
PART II 
PART III 
PART IV 
PART V. 
PART VI. 
PART VII.

1 comment:

  1. Did those robots make it to the final film? If so, where, it's been a long time since I last saw Sky Captain.

    ReplyDelete