Thursday, April 26, 2012

Project Review: Phantom 2040-PART LXXXXIX[99th] Marker Comp-Color Keys


 A B.I.O.T Laser Rifle Color Key done in 93' with a wrapping hand grip[ Art Nouveau theme ]

 I forgot about the Phantom 'age spots' as we called them on the Ghostwood. I added in a hint of Purple into the Jungle leaves to give a source or origin to why he chose purple in his suit.


 A very early Phantom Cuff design originally had a 'snake eye' cut out to reveal the purple suit through the slot. This cuff shot was for the Day-Glo Lime green Inductive Rope being Color Keyed out.


 Here we  have some B.I.O.T'ic assisters for Sagan Cruz, for her arms and legs


Phantom 2040
PART LXXXXIX[99th]
 Marker Comp-Color Keys

Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.


This is my 99th post for the work I did on the TV show[ Uno Mas to 100!], The Phantom 2040 from in the early ninety's, and I have posted a few more of the color keys that I did for a variety of props here today.

I was trained in their Automotive Design program in the late 80's and early 90's during the Pre-Computer rendering era at Art Center, and our primary fast color work was done with markers, chalk, and colored pencils, [ with a touch of Gouache'], so this is how I keyed the colors for the show since we were not using traditional painting of the cells for our production, but the then new, digital ink-n-paint , as this was very early on in 93'.

If you are a FAN of The Phantom 2040, and on FACEBOOK, there is a group for that....  here.

There is a TAG on the list to the RIGHT for other Phantom 2o4o entry's, but you can click this as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment