Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Project Review: The Phantom 2040- PARTLXXXVII [87th]-More Misc Prop Designs


 A design for Rebbecca Madison for the Main Desk[ seen here], with an iPad tablet, and a MS-Surface PC back in 93!


 A com-set sketched over an enlarged Xerox of the Sagan inked concept from Peter Chung.


 A pair of glassed for Maxwell done for The Phantom Television Animation Series.


 A hanging loudspeaker that was on the blimp here.

Phantom 2040-PART LXXXVII [87th]
More Misc. Prop Design Sketches

Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date Spring 1993.


This is my 87th posting here on my design blog for my contributions to The Phantom 2040. Today I have added a few additional props that I designed for the television series that aired on ABC back in the early 90's.

I have said it before, but this was a dream job, I was offered the position just one year out of Art Center, and since I changed my career based on Syd Meads work on Blade Runner, this was an animated future city with every square inch needing Industrial Design, what could be a better fit for a Transportation Major!

I did lots of these fun little items, form the cool shades for Maxwell, to a ear piece comm-set for Sagan. In prepping the work,  I noticed that Rebecca's Desk has a MS Surface PC and an iPad on top and this was back in 93, and we are there already.

If you are a FAN of The Phantom 2040, and on FACEBOOK, there is a group dedicated to the show here.

There is a TAG on the list to the RIGHT for other Phantom 2o4o entry's, but you can click this as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment