Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Project Review: Spongebob Squarepants Movie 2003: Key Art 3D Logos and 3D Illustrations PT-II

 Square bubbles go with "Squarepants", 'nuff said...


 We did an alt with water filled letters like the "Big Fish" logo I did like this.


 So the underwater architecture is from Tomb Raider, and the doorway from Gosford Park used to show some "Atlantis" ruins underwater with the logo put into it.


 I had also built a full divers helmet but here is one of the portholes I built using Npower BREP object construction back when it was in version 1.0.



 Here is the show logo without any water etc.[ clean]

 Project Review
Spongebob Squarepants Movie 2003
Key Art 3D Logos and 3D Illustrations
PART II

Client: Nickelodeon via BLT and Associates.
Art Director: Dawn Baillie, and Coby Gewertz.
Project Date: Summer 2003.


In this second post showing some more of the 3D logo's and 3D Illustrations I did for the various Movie Poster Comp Ideas presented to Nickelodeon I have five added images to review.

In the first post I covered the sponge material that I was able to use with  Sub surface scattering , and today I will show a wider range of 3D Illustrations.
 
Soft Square air bubbles with the "toon" window reflection was one exercise I did both as a profile, and as more dimensional blocks for Coby Gewertz, and that concept went all the way to a finish [ International]. I also built a full divers helmet once they saw the porthole I did first above in orange[ Nick orange!].

If you follow my posts you will see the re-use of some architectural items in the ruins scene from above as well. This was one of the final projects I worked on before leaving in 2003, I had a blast doing 3D design and illustrations for them there a great group.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment