Monday, May 23, 2011

Project Review: SWAT movie- 2003 Part II-M4 Model

The SWAT M-4 firearm I built for the Motion Graphics Teaser Trailer back in 2003.


We were going to go inside the gun, so I built it hollow which takes double the time, here is an exploded view showing the components built.


The bullets and all internals were built.


An overhead view of the S.W.A.T. M-4 rifle.


This render shows the geometry and topology of the 3D Model I built.


An overhead view of the Model I built for Matt Hartle to animate for MGFX.


S.W.A.T. The Movie 2003PART II: M-4 X-Ray Full Model

Client: Columbia Pictures Inc. via BLT and Associates.
Art Directors: n/a
Project Date: Winter 2002-3.

It this second posting for the work I did for the ad campaigns for the release of S.W.A.T. back in 2003 for the Motion Graphics teaser that our in house Animation Director Matt Hartle set up.

I built the models in 3DSmax and exported them out to him via OBJ[ Pre FBX days]. It should be noted that these are not quad models, as I was still developing the modeling technique to be able to do that fast enough for the turn around times usually associated with advertising, so I did a fast model of this one.

This model had a complex camera move go around it in the original concept, with assembly and disassemble done, so I built all parts two sided with enough internals to fire a bullet out of the 3D representation as a virtual M-4.

You can view the render in glass here from a prior posting.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment