Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Project Review: Star Wars Trilogy PART III- Logos

A Polished aluminum StarWars Logo with a pattern brushed face.


A Polished aluminum Star Wars Trilogy Logo tipped back into space ala.' the opening title scroll they made famous.


A spaceship hull material is used on this Trilogy Logo for StarWars.


A patterned blue surface as we explored various color schemes for the package.

A variation on the standard Star Wars title replaced with "SW", here is the fire-hot back lit logo in 3D.


The final Logo I did was used for mock ups presented.

STAR WARS TRILOGY:PART III
Logos
for DVD/Blue Ray Packaging

Client: Lucas Film LTD via The Cimarron Group.

Art Director: Cheryl Savala.
Project Date: Spring 2004.

The re-re-release on DVD of the Star Wars Trilogy packaging seems to come out every few years and I did 3D Illustrations for the packaging back in 2004 while I was working for the Home Entertainment division of the Cimarron Group for Cheryl Savala who was the Creative Director for the projects I did for DVD's.

In this posting, I focus on the 3D Logos I did for the project. It was a fast 3/4 day project and the logo needed some "looks" done quickly to review for applications of the packaging and standees.

I did about 15 looks for the standard logo, and two for the SW Trilogy version we did as well.

You can view PART I on the Vader Helmet here

You can view PART-II showing the Light Sabers here.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment