Monday, April 4, 2011

Project Review: The Pink Panther 2006

A 3D Logo design I built for Theatrical comps for the new re-booting of the MGM franchise back in 2006.


We also paid homage to the original Logo for the series above in 3D brushed pink stainless.


An all glass Pink Panther 3d Logo I built for poster comp ideas that were presented to MGM.

I also built a 3D model of the hat that Inspector Clouseau wore in the original films as part of the icon, as the films did get playful with the type.


A pink Naugahyde(R) version of the logo I built for the pitches as well.


The Pink Panther 2006

Client: Metro Golden Mayer via The Cimarron Group.
Art Director(s): Calvin Sumler and Joseph Stamper.
Project Date: April 2004.

Back in 2004 I did a half day project for the Print Department at The Cimarron Group for the upcoming reboot of the Pink Panther franchise via MGM with Steve Martin playing the main role.

I was tasked with doing a few 3D Logos that covered the old 70's version as well as some updated ones too. I also threw in Inspector Clouseau's famous hat he wore in the films into the 3D logo as well.

In theatrical advertising you have very short deadlines so you need to design model texture and render your ideas very quickly , and sometimes you only have a half a day like with this project.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment