Thursday, September 16, 2010

Project Review: Phantom 2040 PART XXVII

A Character I designed for The Phantom 2040 to be a Popular Girl at Jenna's School

A Character I designed for The Phantom 2040 to be a Street Girl at from the Arcade.

The Jenna Character was designed by Paula LaFond, and I designed the Fashions she wore.

The Jenna Character designed by Paula LaFond, and I designed this Formal Dress for Prom.

Rebbecca Madison Designed by Peter Chung and I designed the Dress.



Phantom 2040 PART XXV
II Character/Fashion Designs

Client: Hearst Animation Productions.
Art Director: Myself.
Project Date: Late 1994.

Here are some sketches I did designing the outfits of some of the main female characters for The Phantom 2040 Television show I worked on in the mid 90's.

Doing fashion design is part of world creation and design that goes with Character work. Peter Chung of Aeon Flux Fame designed the main 8-10 characters for Hearst before I was brought on, and our in-house designer Paula LaFond and myself designed the remaining human characters. I did most fashion design for the characters for all designs from Peter and Paula to match the tall and thin style and the Art Nouveau theme to the outfits as well.

Cheers, THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment